Team news and stats ahead of Leicester vs Zorya Luhansk in their opening Europa League group-stage game on Thursday; Kick-off 8pm.
Brendan Rodgers has confirmed Leicester City go into Thursday’s clash with no fresh injury concerns, though Jamie Vardy will again be missing with a calf strain.
Islam Slimani, who came on as a sub in the 1-0 defeat by Aston Villa on Sunday, is ineligible after not being selected in Leicester’s 25-man squad.
“It’s pretty much the same squad as before,” Rodgers said, though James Maddison and Dennis Praet may get more playing time to get up to speed.
Profile: Zorya Luhansk
Leicester entertain Zorya Luhansk, who came third in the Ukrainian Premier League last term.
They were also in the group stage of this competition in 2016-17 and 2017-18, with the former campaign including matches against Manchester United – a 2-0 loss at home a 1-0 defeat away.
Zorya return this time after falling at the play-off stage in each of the last two years.
How to follow
Follow Leicester vs Zorya Luhansk with our dedicated live blog across Sky Sports’ digital platforms, plus analysis and reaction after full-time.
- This will be the first competitive meeting between Leicester and Zorya Luhansk.
- Leicester will be facing Ukrainian opposition for the first time in Europe, whilst no English team has ever lost to a side from Ukraine on home soil (P32 W25 D7).
- Leicester will become just the second English side Zorya Luhansk have faced in European competition having lost home (0-2) and away (0-1) to Manchester United during the 2016-17 Europa League group stages.
- Leicester remain winless in the UEFA Cup/Europa League (P4 D1 L3), though this is their first appearance in the competition since 2000-01 – the Foxes are one of 77 sides to have played 4+ games in the competition without ever winning.
- Zorya Luhansk have lost five of their six away Europa League games (W1), failing to score in each of those defeats.
LAST CHANCE To Land The £1m!
You read correctly. The £1m Super 6 jackpot is up for grabs for one last time this weekend. Play for free, entries by 3pm Saturday.