Stoke ease past Luton

Boss Nathan Jones tasted beat against his former club since Stoke ended Luton’s unbeaten house record with a 2-0 win.

The Hatters went near first as Glen Rea terminated over the crossbar from 22 back yards, before Tyrese Campbell saw an attempt deflect narrowly wide at the various other end.

Elliot Shelter was inches away from putting Luton airport in front after 15 minutes as he pennyless the offside trap to collect Henry Berry’s excellent pass, but , race through, he could only shoot in to the side-netting from a tight angle.

Danny Hylton’s attempt had been deflected behind, while he furthermore diverted Sonny Bradley’s header from the corner into the gloves of goalkeeper Adam Davies.

Picture: Stoke secured a 2-0 earn at Luton on Saturday

Visiting forward Steven Fletcher went close at the incorrect end, almost sliding Berry’s lower free-kick past his own ‘keeper in the near post.

Pelly-Ruddock Mpanzu flashed a fierce cross-shot off target and full-back Rhys Norrington-Davies, who made his older debut for Wales in midweek, had a go but his work deflected over via a defender’s shoe.

Stoke took the particular lead just 60 seconds into the 2nd half when Campbell produced the glorious cross from the right plus Fletcher was there to mind home his first goal for that club since a summer proceed from Sheffield Wednesday.

Rea had another go, cutting into the empty stands again through the edge of the box as Bradley’s downward header from Berry’s free-kick bounced up for Davies.

City then took what appeared to be an unassailable lead right after 55 minutes as Luton did not clear their lines from a part and Nick Powell was remaining unmarked to smash home through close range.

Matty Pearson sent a half-volley more than as Luton tried to get on their own back into the game.

Later on Morrell came on for their debut midway through the second time period and he sent Harry Cornick aside but the forward was denied simply by Davies’ outstretched hand.

Rea put a header from the corner too close to Davies, whilst Fletcher looked for his 2nd but fired wide on the volley.

Morrell’s shot through outside the box forced the now overworked City ‘keeper into a routine end as Luton just could not obtain a goal back to force a grandstand finish.

It was Stoke who almost had a third whenever Sam Clucas powered through unfortunately he unable to beat Simon Sluga plus Tommy Smith hammered the come back over.

Mpanzu noticed Davies once again to the rescue, deflecting their 20-yard effort behind, while Luton airport stopper Sluga was also foiled simply by his opposite number when on with a corner in stoppage time.

LAST CHANCE To Land The £1m!

LAST Opportunity to Land The £1m!

You read correctly. The particular £1m Super 6 jackpot increased for grabs for one last period this weekend. Play for free, articles by 3pm Saturday.