Ten-man Stoke hold Barnsley

Tommy Smith scored his very first league goal since March 2017 as 10-man Stoke twice struggled back from behind to pull 2-2 at home to winless Barnsley.

Elliot Simoes terminated the visitors ahead in the eighteenth minute before Tyrese Campbell levelled for the hosts a minute before the crack.

Less than two a few minutes later Dominik Frieser restored Barnsley’s lead with a cool finish. Yet Smith netted three minutes following the restart after goalkeeper Jack Walton made a hash of a program cross.

Defender Nathan Collins was then sent away for violent conduct for an off-the-ball incident with Frieser, but the house side managed to navigate their method through the final half an hour with a guy short.

Image: Tyrese Campbell celebrates scoring for Stoke City

Stoke boss Michael O’Neill made 2 changes to his side which usually beat Luton 2-0 away upon Saturday, with James Chester remembered in the centre of defence and midfielder Jordan Thompson handed a begin.

Winger Sam Clucas missed out and defender Danny Batth dropped to the bench.

Barnsley caretaker boss Adam Murray opted for three changes in order to his team after a miserable begin to the league season which noticed the South Yorkshire side with no league win.

Simoes started alongside Frieser and brand new signing Callum Brittain made their club debut.

And yes it was Frieser who had a turn in a good early chance for the website visitors. He collected skipper Alex Mowatt’s pinpoint long pass and squared for Cauley Woodrow, but the striker saw his powerful volley clogged by Collins at the near write-up.

The opening objective was not long around the corner – plus it was a moment of magic through Woodrow which provided it.

The striker bamboozled centre-back Harry Souttar with a lovely convert and duly squared the golf ball to Simoes to slot house into the bottom-right corner.

Stoke grew into the contest and really should have equalised shortly after the hr mark, but Campbell somehow terminated wide from close range following a dangerous delivery into the box simply by Josh Tymon.

Hit partner Steven Fletcher had an better still chance to level matters, but Walton thwarted him with an excellent reduced save.

Midfielder Romal Palmer tried his luck through distance as the Tykes looked in order to double their advantage, but their powerful left-foot strike flew broad of the target.

Stoke were level a minute before the split. Souttar made amends for their mistake with a defence-splitting pass which usually allowed Campbell to rifle right-footed into the bottom-right corner.

However , the Potters’ joy had been short-lived as Mowatt picked out Frieser with a delightful cross and the Austrian midfielder poked home to restore Barnsley’s lead.

Smith has been caught daydreaming as Frieser terminated home unchallenged.

Jones, though, made amends for their error, powering into an open internet three minutes after the restart right after Walton dropped a cross straight into his path.

Fletcher had a good opportunity to put Stoke ahead but he blazed more than when he should have done far better in the box.

Collins was then given his walking in line orders for his clash along with goal scorer Frieser and the hosting companies had to soak up the pressure.

Former Barnsley goalkeeper Adam Davies denied Brittain with a point-blank save with quarter of an hr remaining and, just a minute later on, blocked a deflected shot in the same player.

Revealed held a Woodrow piledriver within stoppage time as Stoke kept on for a point.

LAST CHANCE To Property The £1m!

You read correctly. The £1m Super 6 jackpot is up just for grabs for one last time this particular weekend. Play for free, entries simply by 3pm Saturday.