Watford cruise past Blackburn

Darragh Lenihan’s own goal assisted Watford to a 3-1 win over Blackburn that lifted them to third within the Championship table.

The particular Hornets took control with 2 goals in quick succession earlier in the first half from Joao Pedro and Tom Cleverley.

Ben Brereton’s fine hit reduced the arrears before the half-hour mark but Rovers, who acquired more possession and shots compared to hosts, saw their luck be depleted after the break when Lenihan subjected to his own goal and Adam Armstrong saw a penalty saved by the great Ben Foster.

Picture: Joao Pedro (R) celebrates rating the opener for Watford

Rovers put Harvey Elliott, the 17-year-old loan putting your signature on from Liverpool, straight into their beginning line-up but fellow new employees Barry Douglas and Tom Trybull began on the bench.

Foster made the game’s 1st save by beating away Armstrong’s drive but within seconds Rovers were behind.

Adam Garner’s pass put Kiko Femenia into space on the right great delivery found Pedro in front of objective for a first-time finish in the thirteenth minute. It was the 19-year-old’s 3rd goal for Watford following those who win against Luton and Derby.

It took Watford all four minutes to double that will lead through captain Cleverley. Now it was Ismaila Sarr who steer away from the Rovers backline and even though ‘keeper Thomas Kaminski was able to parry the shot that followed, Cleverley had continued his run together the simple task of heading in to an unguarded net.

Christian Kabasele was perhaps privileged to receive only a yellow card regarding tripping Armstrong to prevent the forwards from racing clear, with Promote saving Lenihan’s header from the free-kick.

Rovers were in the game in the 28th minute by means of Brereton’s fine strike. The former Nottingham Forest man chested down Armstrong’s nod back and volleyed past Promote at his near post through 25 yards.

Sarr’s searing pace almost set up Pedro again but this time the boy or girl could only poke wide for the stretch right in front of the back posting.

Armstrong then place an even better chance over at another end after Corry Evans’ hard work was half blocked as a frenetic first 45 minutes came to a close.

Watford went 3-1 forward within five minutes of the restart whenever Lenihan clumsily diverted Ken Sema’s cross from the left into their own net.

The Republic of Ireland defender almost produced instant amends but Foster drawn off a fine save to keep out there his long-range shot.

The former England goalkeeper then needed to tip Armstrong’s chip over since Rovers came again and the site visitors were rewarded with a 68th-minute charges when Craig Cathcart bundled Lewis Holtby over from behind.

Foster guessed correctly, nevertheless , to bat away Armstrong’s spot-kick.

Sarr might have covered up victory with 12 mins remaining when Garner burst ahead and squared for the Senegal ahead but Kaminski stuck out the leg to block.

LAST CHANCE To Property The £1m!

You read correctly. The £1m Super 6 jackpot is up to get grabs for one last time this particular weekend. Play for free, entries simply by 3pm Saturday.