Zak Crawley wins Young Player Award because Craig Overton lands Bob Willis Trophy prize
Last Updated: 03/10/20 3: 12pm
England superstars Chris Woakes and Sarah Glenn have been named NatWest PCA Mens and NatWest PCA Women’s Gamer of the Year Award winners correspondingly.
At the first NatWest Cricket Awards, Woakes claimed the particular Reg Hayter Cup for the first time right after another excellent summer in which he or she played a starring role within England’s Test series wins more than West Indies and, in particular, Pakistan with his match-winning 84 in the 1st Test at Emirates Old Trafford one of the highlights of the summer.
Meanwhile, Glenn’s award hats a fantastic first home season being an England international. The 21-year-old leg-spinner was named player of the T20 series as Heather Knight’s aspect beat the West Indies 5-0 in Derby.
Zak Crawley was named Vitality PCA Young Player of the Year right after excelling in his first English Check summer, a magnificent double century towards Pakistan at the Ageas Bowl the particular undoubted standout as the 22-year-old improved his already fast-growing reputation.
The particular awards are voted for with the players’ fellow professionals and while a global pandemic prevented the usual pomp plus ceremony for the 51st NatWest PCA Awards, this summer’s honours received added significance by the inclusion from the NatWest Outstanding Service to Cricket Awards (OSCAs).
“I’m obviously delighted to win the particular NatWest PCA Men’s Player from the Year award, even though the news emerged as a bit of a shock! ” Woakes said.
“I really feel honoured and privileged to have acquired that recognition from my other professionals. Obviously some great players possess won it so to be among them is a brilliant feeling.
“It’s a credit in order to everyone that we have had a full worldwide schedule given what’s happened using the Covid-19 pandemic, so I’m actually pleased with how my own performance proceeded to go and obviously the team’s too, to win the majority of our collection.
“The big emphasize for me of the summer was that Check match against Pakistan, to earn from where we were was simply incredible. That was a knock along with a partnership that I’ll treasure permanently. ”
Glenn, who beat captain Dark night and all-rounder Nat Sciver towards the award, said: “It’s an honor to win the NatWest PCA Women’s Player of the Year prize. It’s pretty special that it was the very best for by the girls, knowing that they have perhaps my back. To know that I’ve gained it and deserved it is very exclusive.
“It’s taken me personally by surprise as well how rapidly things have escalated. I have cherished every moment of it and attempted not to look too far ahead in most game. Anything I’ve been unsure regarding I’ve just asked the girls therefore credit to them as well. ”
On his young player’s trophy, Crawley added: “It’s great to become picked by your peers, so successful the Vitality PCA Young Gamer of the Year means a lot in my opinion and I’m very proud. May possibly be so many great names on the trophy already, so it’s very special.
“To score 200 within a Test match – I failed to think I was capable of it, therefore it was just a great moment for me personally. It’s been great to come back to Kent and play so well as well – the hundred at Hampshire was very special and ideally it shows my ability in most formats. ”
🏆 @NatWest_Cricket OSCAs – Connecting Organizations Award 🏆
Users of @IslehamCC formed a volunteers group to help their local community with the COVID crisis. Their work continues to be truly inspirational and is an example of the particular cricket community coming together to assist others. picture. twitter. com/RvnSJ8bFCT
— England and Wales Cricket Plank (@ECB_cricket) Oct 3, 2020
Stuart Broad was named England’s Test Player of the Summer, along with David Willey taking the Royal Greater london ODI Player of the Summer reward and the Vitality IT20 Player from the Summer going to Dawid Malan.
Somerset all-rounder Craig Overton took the Bob Willis Trophy award and Southern Vipers opener Georgia Adams was called the Rachael Heyhoe Flint Gamer of the Year.
Full list of NatWest Cricket Honor winners:
- NatWest PCA Men’s Player from the Year – Chris Woakes (England / Warwickshire)
- NatWest PCA Women’s Player of the Calendar year – Sarah Glenn (England Women)
- Vitality PCA Younger Player of the Year – Zak Crawley (England / Kent)
- Test Player of the Summer time – Stuart Broad
- Royal London ODI Player from the Summer – David Willey
- Vitality IT20 Player from the Summer – Dawid Malan
- Bob Willis Trophy Participant of the Year – Craig Overton (Somerset)
- Vitality Great time Player of the Year – tbc
- Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy Player of the Year : Georgia Adams (Southern Vipers)
- Greene King Team from the Year – Alastair Cook (Essex), Jake Libby (Worcestershire), Tom Lammonby (Somerset), Ben Duckett (Nottinghamshire), Can Jacks (Surrey), Chris Cooke (Glamorgan) [wk], Ryan Higgins (Gloucestershire), Craig Overton (Somerset), Simon Harmer (Essex) [c], Josh Davey (Somerset)
- ECB Unique Award – Prof Nick Peirce (ECB)
- #Raisethebat Honor – Jane Reeson (Over CLOSED CIRCUIT, Cambridgeshire)
- Connecting Areas Award – Jamie Saunders (Isleham CC, Cambridgeshire)
- Positive Leadership Award – Miles Horner (Macclesfield CC, Cheshire)